Come along to YAYoga FAMILY TIME YOGA and experience a fun filled session full of activities to strengthen family bonds and boost physical, mental, social and emotional development. Put aside the pressures of the everyday routine and enjoy a time which will boost trust and togetherness as a family. Parents and children will learn to work together in energetic fun games and trust games, focussing activities and enjoy a relaxing time together at the end of a session.
The sessions will include some or all of the following – Yoga asana (pose) practice, yoga acrobatics, story time yoga, yoga games, human mandala fun, parachute play, simple breath work visualisations, fun family massage and relaxation. Sessions are for families with children from 2 – 12 years and will happen on an approximate monthly basis. Families can include children, parents, older siblings and grandparents. Families are welcome to bring younger children but the emphasis will be on 4 years and upwards.
Benefits of family Yoga
- Children/parents learn by example – observing each other
- Families can laugh together
- Get fit together
- Learn self respect and respect for each other
- Learn to trust one another
- Learn new skills together
- Become aware of the breath
- Increase focussing skills
- Learn to relax
- A time when the whole family are screen free